We're ramping up for the Tour De Cure "New England Challenge"! 550 miles! 7 days! 4 States! And I can't do it without your help. I need to fundraise to attend, and I can't do it alone. Please click the banner on the right and donate to the American Diabetes Association!
What you are looking at above is a map of my current season's rides. Check the blog to see what I've got planned in the short term, follow me in real time here. I am using Garmin's "InReach" satellite transponder to track my movement while on the bike. It's also my "SOS" beacon, and hopefully I'll never need to make sure it works.
If for some reason there has not been updates for a while and I'm on a major ride, there are several good reasons this could be the case.
- Bad satellite reception
- I've turned it off to protect the privacy of people I may be staying with overnight
- I turned it off to conserve battery life
- The battery went dead because I couldn't (or forgot to) recharge it
- I'm inside a building, and can't get signal out
- It's possible I'm on another ride, and the previous data has been removed and you're looking at a blank map for now
What I'm saying is don't freak out if the signal isn't pinging. Check the social media links and see if there are photo updates.